can you apply aloe vera on face daily?
If you are from people who interested in reading the ingredients of softening creams and oils for skin and hair, you will find that aloe vera is one of that ingredients.
Aloe vera is a plant which was used by ancient of Egypt due to its great benefits in healing sun burns and other injuries, they called it “plant of immortality”.
What is the aloe vera?
It’s a plant which has various kinds about 420 species but the type which is suitable for skin is called aloe bar barbadensis miller, it is used in many kinds of medicaments and beauty products.
Benefits of aloe vera for skin:
– Has antibacterial, antifungal and anti – aging properties.
– It moisturizes the dry skin and smooth fine lines and wrinkles.
– It heals sun burns, wounds and inflammatory forms of acne.
– It is used as a scrub and cleanser.
– It cures eczema, frostbite and cold sores.
– It used in whitening the skin and degreasing oily skin.
– It used in curing pimples and calming the irritating skin.
These great benefits are due to the aloe vera important components of minerals (selenium, magnesium and zinc), vitamins (B2, B6, C and E), enzymes (catalase and superoxide dismutase), amino acids (cysteine and anthraquinones).
How can you prepare aloe vera at home?
It is easy to extract aloe vera gel at home by cutting and peeling the mature leaves but note that you should store the gel in an airtight container to prevent it from oxidation as the gel is spoiled easily when it exposed to the air and the sun rays.
Be careful that you should wash the yellow residue of it as it is rich in anthraquinones. It is best to prepare aloe vera at home so as it will be 100% raw, organic and pure comparing with the beauty products which added to it many chemicals.
You can store aloe vera in closed containers in the refrigerator, so as it is ready in any time for use and you can apply it on your face twice a day (once in the morning and once in the night).
How can you apply aloe vera on your face daily?
There are many simple ways to apply it on your face:
– For miosterizing and cleansing the skin: apply thin layer of aloe vera gel gently with your fingertips on your face as it is the best way to have smooth skin and no need to message it deeply as it makes the opposite effect and the skin dry out.
Then leave the gel on your face for 10 minutes after that wash it with cold water then dry it with a piece of tissue as if you leave it for long time, it will dry the skin.
– For the oily skin and cleansing it: aloe vera can be used as scrub by mixing sugar with the gel and applying it for 10 minutes twice a day, don’t rub the gel on the skin specially around your eyes because this may weaken the skin.
– If you want to leave the aloe vera gel for long so you can add to it a miosterizing oil like coconut oil or olive oil.
– You can prepare an aloe vera face mask in addition to cinnamon and honey by mixing 2 table spoon (43 grams) of honey, one tablespoon (21.5 grams) of aloe vera gel and ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon in bowl then apply the mixture on your face except the skin around your eyes for 10 minutes then wash your face.
Honey and cinnamon are anti inflammatory and anti bacterial with aloe vera so you have more benefits comparing apply aloe vera alone.
– Another good mask of aloe vera gel and a lemon juice, apply thin layer of it on your face and leave it on overnight.
– When you shave your face, you may have tiny cuts so you can cure it by applying aloe vera gel thin layer as if you leave these tiny cuts without treatment then it will be medium for bacteria and inflammations.
– You can make mixture of tea tree oil and aloe vera gel for healing acne by adding from 6 to 12 drops of tea tree oil for 15 millimeters of aloe vera gel and use this recipe after washing your face and drying it.